We take our obligations in respect of the privacy of personal information very seriously and we will only process personal information as detailed in this policy unless we inform you otherwise.
If you do not wish us to process personal information in accordance with this policy, then please do not provide it to us.
How we use your personal data:
The processing of your personal information may include:
- Collecting and storing your personal data, whether in manual or electronic files
- Processing orders, payments and refunds
- Communicating with you on issues with an order
- Notifying you of new products, special promotional offers or events
- Retaining a record of our dealing with you and the organisation you represent, and your interest in our products so we can help you further
- Establishing quality, training and compliance with our obligations and best practice
- For the purposes of backing up information on our computer systems
Why we process your personal data:
Entering into a contract with you:
In order to provide our service we may enter into a contract with you and/or a third party. In order to enter into a contract we will need certain information, for example your name, address, email and phone number. A contract will also contain obligations on both your part and our part and we shall process your data as is necessary for the purpose of those obligations.
Compliance with legal obligations(regulatory and statutory obligations):
- Verify your identity & your company
- Maintain records for specific periods
We are also required to comply with statutory and regulatory obligations relating to business generally, for example; complying with tax, bribery, fraud/crime prevention and data protection legislation, and co-operating with regulatory authorities such as HMRC.
Our legitimate interests (carrying on the commercial activity of supplying you with IT Solutions).
In providing our services & supplying you with IT Solutions, we will carry out some processing of personal data which is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, which include:
- Retaining records of our dealings and transactions and where applicable, use such records for the purposes of:
- establishing compliance with contractual obligations with customers or suppliers
- addressing any query or dispute that may arise including establishing, exercising or defending any legal claims
- protecting our reputation
- maintaining a back-up of our system, solely for the purpose of being able to restore the system to a particular point in the event of a system failure or security breach
- evaluating quality and compliance including compliance with this Privacy Notice
- determining staff training and system requirements
- Using your personal data to:
- assess suitability and contact you regarding potential promotions, new products or services
- personalise your experience and our offering, whether via our website or otherwise
This means that for our commercial viability and to pursue these legitimate interests, we may continue to process your personal data for as long as we consider necessary for these purposes.
Consent to our processing of your data:
- We may process your personal data on the basis that you have consented to us doing so for a specific purpose, for example, if you have provided your contact details in order that we may use these to provide you with details of our services (directly or via a third party) and you may have consented to our processing of the data for that purpose. In other cases you may have provided your written or verbal consent to the use of your data for a specific reason.
- You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information for a particular purpose at any stage. However, please note that we may continue to retain, or otherwise use your personal information thereafter where we have a legitimate interest or a legal or contractual obligation to do so. Our processing in that respect will be limited to what is necessary in furtherance of those interests or obligations. Withdrawal of consent will not have any effect on the lawfulness of any processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Who we share personal data with:
We will only share your personal information when we are required to do so to fulfil our contractual obligations with you, for example delivery of services by a third party or where we use external service providers to perform actions listed above including regulatory bodies. We will require that these companies keep your data safe in accordance with GDPR.
In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or the transfer of all or part of our assets to a third party, we may need to transfer your information to a third party. Any transfer will be subject to the agreement of the third party to this Privacy Notice and any processing being only in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Data Security and Confidentiality:
It is our policy to ensure, in so far as is reasonably practicable, that our systems and records are secure and not accessible to unauthorised third parties in line with contemporary practice.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website, which enables the website to tailor its offerings to your preferences when you visit it.
Retaining your data:
It is our policy to only store your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations and for our legitimate business interests.
If, however, you believe that we should delete your personal data, please inform us in
writing of your reasons. Please see ‘our Rights’ below.
We do not use any automated decision making software.
Changes to this Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice is regularly reviewed and may be updated from time to time to reflect changes in our business, or legal or commercial practice.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and it is important that you know your rights within that context, which include rights to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we hold
- Object to our processing of your data where that processing is based upon legitimate interest and there are no compelling grounds for the continued processing of that data
- Request that we restrict processing of your data in certain circumstances
- Request that data is erased where the continued use of that data cannot be justified
- Object to any decision, which significantly affects you, being taken solely by a computer or via another automated process
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data for a particular purpose at any stage. However, please note that we may continue to retain, or otherwise use your personal information thereafter where we have a legitimate interest or a legal or contractual obligation to do so. Our processing in that respect will be limited to what is necessary in furtherance of those interests or obligations
- Request that inaccurate or incomplete data is rectified
- Request that data provided directly by you and processed by automated means is transferred to you or another controller; this right only being applicable where our processing of your data is based either on your consent or in performance of a contract
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Please note that should you exercise your right to request that we erase data or cease any processing activity, we may retain a record of this request and the action taken in order to both evidence our compliance, and to take steps to minimise the prospect of any data being processed in the future should it be received again from a third party source.
If you have a privacy concern, request, complaint or a question, please contact us at:
Security Software Solutions Ltd,
Regal House, 4-6 Station Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1NB